Austin WordPress Training
We are now offering seats for training on WordPress at Lakeway Web Design. By popular demand we now are offering training sessions for end users of WordPress on how to administer and maintain their own WordPress website and keep it secure, fast, mobile friendly, and even get better rankings in Google and Bing’s search engines. We understand the daunting task that a beginning WordPress administrator and these courses are specifically designed to help you navigate your new CMS. Here are the top ten items we cover for our classes topics including how to topics below.
Top 20 Features Of Our Training Program
- Select a good WordPress theme and examine it for proper SEO and mobile capabilities.
- Install the selected theme or install a new theme without affecting a secondary theme.
- Adjust the settings to provide user security and how to navigate the dashboard.
- Discuss the differences between posts and pages, with the taxonomy implications as well.
- How to change a WordPress homepage from a static to a blog page or vice versa.
- How to Adjust and update the themes logo, header, and colors.
- How to install and configure plugins. We go over the top 5 must have ones as well.
- How to create and organize your site with Categories for posts.
- What are tags and how to use them.
- How to setup a static landing page.
- How to write proper amounts of text for a good SEO presence, and make the page layout visually appealing.
- How to use widgets and create widgets on certain pages.
- How to create new pages and posts and organize a site with a sitemap.
- How to align and manipulate photos with the most recent versions of WordPresses exciting new media manager.
- How to backup and offsite your backup for safety and security of your website.
- How to install and track users on your website with Google Analytics.
- How to embed media such as Videos or Flash into your website.
- We cover how to install and configure your websites contact form and setup email addresses.
- How to enter the correct information into Meta descriptions and keywords, and proper alt image tagging.
- Plus a free hour of Q and A at the end of every session to go over the specific problems and solutions you are facing.
WordPress Training By Professionals
We practice what we preach and that is why over time we have noticed the same questions coming up over and over from our clients and trainees which are the topics we cover in the course. Our goal is to provide you not just the set of tools you need to address the current website that you are maintaining or creating, but to give you the knowledge to seek out the proper solutions to future items that arise. Regardless of your level of experience with WordPress going into the session, everyone will walk out of the our training with a the confidence to grasp and take initiative to create the website experiences that their end users desire.
What You Get With Our Training Courses
All of our training sessions are also recorded so you have access to the material in the future as well as a burned copy of the training class. You also receive a workbook to review with materials we go over in class as well. Bring your laptop and we will have one on one interactions with your specific problems to deal with. We also show you how to take your marketing to the next level with a variety of tools such as Google AdWords and MailChimp.
- Video burned of the training session plus online copy in case you lose your dvd.
- Complete manual going over all the covered topics plus additional references in both printed and PDF versions.
- Hands on interactive training that helps YOU with YOUR site! Most of our competition offer training on the generics of WordPress, not the specifics you will encounter with your unique site.
- Integrated Q and A for on-topic learning and education.
- Certification of completion of WordPress training session for your workplace. We also offer an optional scoring test which is completed after the training session for an additional fee.
On-site training for your team costs $450 and serves groups in the greater Austin metropolitan area. On-Site courses are 8 hours long.
Weekend training at Lakeway Web Design is $250 and is a 4 hour course. Classes are first come first serve and limited to three people per weekend per month. Shoot us an email or give us a call (512-807-9327) to sign up today.